View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #238 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by round.boater View Post
I've thought about it but have been pretty hesitant since my e-fans already kick on quite a bit. I've seen water temps of 207-209 pretty regularly this summer - especially with the trailer. Although, to be fair, my temps have kept in the 198-202 range more often and on hotter days now with the lower drag of the Aerolid than they did with my prior camper shell. And remember I drive to the Eisenhower tunnel semi-regularly - which is at about 11,000 feet, where the boiling point of water is something like 185 degrees...

And I saw all the hater posts, I'm just saying that my experience in the real world is much more positive than that.
A good number of those hater threads are just internet generated garbage... most people are who you'll find on the average BB are just band-wagoners, and will jump to whatever side is "winning", just to say they had an opinion.

The worst part is that they will then liberally defend that opinion almost till death, with no real information to back it up, and based solely on someone else's opinion of their falsely formed opinion. Then another jerk-off forms an opinion based on that guy, they meet, stroke each others' egos, and live happily ever after in blissful ignorance of both the truth of the matter, and the fact that they could have been the ones to actually make the difference.

Congrats, Bondo, on the first sale!