View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 10:01 PM   This thread is in the EcoModder Project Library | #1 (permalink)
vpoppv
The $500 Electric Car

Paul's how NOT to convert a Metro

So I have been reading a lot about conversions, and I am hoping to incorporate everyone's mistakes into one vehicle. I decided that too many people have successfully converted Geo Metros to electric, and that info is out there, but no one has yet described how to screw it up. I intend to fill that void. First and foremost, electric motor selection is crucial. To fail miserably I need a motor either too big or too small. Too big sounds heavy, and I am a very lazy person so that doesn't sound like a good option. I'd like to go too small. Besides, it should make a good show with sparks and what not when it explodes. Then, there's the budget. Much like a bank CEO, I plan on getting PAID to screw up: I'll sell various ICE parts to make money and use a part of it to finance the conversion and use the rest to buy Sour Skittles. I am also hoping to get the attention of GM so they can hire me as a consultant, since I will have undeniable proof that electric cars can't work. The pay should beat my Teacher's Aide salary of less than $10K/year at the local middle school. I've started videos to chronicle my humiliation:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vpoppv For This Useful Post:
ExplodingDinosaurs (08-24-2009), Intrigued (05-17-2010), Xist (01-09-2015)