View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalextraction View Post
What kind of vehicle is this, the 93 Honda Del Sol? What type of A/F ratio meter are you using and where is the wide band 02 sensor placed. Most gasoline internal combustion engines of any sort including older lean burn engines will loose load pulling power at 18 to 19:1. Without a turbo or a better means of maximizing heat energy losses or the ability to utilize more internal energy of the fuel, I suspect that where or what you readings may be off a bit. Just a thought.
Its a 93 Del Sol thats about 2" lower then stock. Thats the only aero mod at this time.

I'm running two wide band sensors(PLX wide band with gauge and a Innovate LMA-1). Both are around 18" from the turbo. They both read the same all thru the rpm range.

I use the LMA-1 for tuning other cars and recently had it in a Honda B18 that would miss fire at 16:1 A/F at light load. So I was totaly surprized when the Del Sol would run this lean and still make great power. In fact it will pull a hill at 17:1 and not even slow down.

But get this at idle I can't go over a 15:1 A/F with out it starting to do the lean miss thing.?