View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #271 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
The AMEC Fuel Economy Challenge was a blast! Meeting all the Ecomodders and additional drivers was the highlight of the trip...and I would say the highlight of my summer!

I see pictures of mods on this site all the time but seeing them in person and hearing how they were done added a completely different experience to it...makes you want to start modding your car! Just listening to everyone talk about their cars and experiences was truly an inspiration!

It was exciting to take part in the driving competition and I was pleased with my results...76.0 MFD mpg over 103.4 miles driven. The course was very challenging with huge changes in elevation (if I remember correctly we climbed more than 1000 feet from start to finish)...some very tight turns in spots as well with alot of great coasting downhill sections. Traffic was light overall and the route was very well planned to include a range of skills needed to maneuver through the course.

A great experience for sure and something I'm looking forward to in the future! Thanks to all the Ecomodders and Mike (and his AMEC crew)!