View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
naturalextraction
naturalextraction

I'm sure your knock sensor is working fine. With my studies under the right conditions with all the variables in check I to saw no pre detonation "knocking" or signs there of. However, with the variables off even a little, it was obvious to pre-detonation at even 6lbs psig. I was able to run 25 lbs psig with 30deg timing advanced with no retardation under boost. I also machined a Holset turbine to a Schwitzer compressor housing to get the AR combinations I wanted to match my needs related to turbine spin under lean conditions. If you have a ball bearing center housing for the connecting shaft that seems to work as well depending on the AR of the turbine housing. This is partly to the contribution of high A/F ratio and continued combustion. I also meter my fuels through the inlet side of the turbo. My key words in all of this related would be dissociation, surface tension and change of state. We run an R&D in this area for hopes of providing a simplified means to modify the ICE for both stationary and automotive ICE's. We at some point will patent the methodology and the fuel extraction devices related to extraction of energy from the fuel prior to as in part to the induction and metering system. Your parameters for control are wide as I looked back at the link. I would say your ECM is a good system. Be very pleased with your results and find the happy medium for your cruze conditions and enjoy the mileage gain. Obviously under boost you have to richin the mixture regardless to gain more work from the cylinders under pressure. It's important for sure that you keep your cylinder temperatures low. To run back to a lean condition after pumping hot air (even with an inter cooler) may show quicker signs of pre-detonation. You've exceeded most any mileage gains with the available fuels and with your system you've optimized it's efficiencies to this point. Be happy! Maintaining consistency and providing reasonable drive ability is a great accomplishment. BTW, good header wrapping and thermal insulation's throughout help immensely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	base plate and elbow.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	4096