View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
suthrnbuilder
Its all good

Lightbulb Hey from Alabama

I'm not sure if I am doing this right, but I hope I am. This site has already helped me alot. I am building an ev or two. I am starting with a 250 curtis controller and a used fork lift motor. I am goin to convert an old rail job I have and use as a test bed. I have an auto probe but am going to look at a 5 speed to convert this week. The auto is bad but someday I am going to rebuild the crappy cd4e and use it as a backup, or a car for my youngest son. he is 12 now going on 18. son car. I plan on using marine batteries from walmart to begin with. (8- 12v and 125 AH) I plan on using a series parallel type setup. I havent seen mention of this anywhere but I think I can get 96v to the motor while controlling only 48v at a time. Maybe, Maybe not, like I said I am here to learn and experiment. This has been a dream of mine since child hood and I have many many ideas to try. Please advise all that you can. I will always be grateful even if I dont adopt the suggestion. Free exchange of information may make us succesful and help to inspire others to start ev projects of their own or be more demanding to the market. Thanks Suthrnbuilder