View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:09 AM   #40 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Dude - you can leave the whole bumper assembly together if you just take out the turn signals... the bolts are easily accessible from right there.

It's either 2 or 4 bolts hodling the bumper support to the mounts, and 2 screws in each side holding the edges of the bumper cover to the plastic things on the fenders, then the snaps/clips/screws for the air diffuser/belly pan, and the whole bumper cover/foam/bumper all comes off at once.

You're way more into taking things off your car than I ever was... I'd pull the hood, disconnect the wiring harness from the chassis connectors, unbolt the engine mount and the 7-10 transmission bolts, remove the front engine pulley in some cases, then get a friend to grab one end of a 2x4 with a chain around it to help pull it out.

If there wasn't a friend around, grab a step stool and a tow strap, hook the strap to the engine, squat on the stool, wrap it around my neck and over my shoulders, and stand up.

They're light, aren't they? LOL.

Your car looks really clean, by the way. Wish I could find one that clean for... like... free!