View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
marcexec
EcoModding Lurker

Arrow '88 CBR 250R M19 50+mpg

Hi,

I am a German living in Ireland.
I have to commute to Dublin so I started motorcycling because of the obvious advantages. Most of my commute is motorway, thus I am aiming for 120 km/h if weather and traffic permit it. It is ~130kms long: from: Collaghknock Gardens to: 53.299679,-6.175354 - Google Maps

This is intended as my little progress thread.

I like the way you can compare mpg (bigger is better) but as you can see above I am used to other measurements.
Since I have not found a way to enter metric values to this site, I started tracking my progress on Details: Honda - CBR 250R MC19.

Today I reached over 50mpg, so I was tempted to improve this a little more.

Mostly I intend to do modifications on the bike, maybe my driving style, but not the (average) speed, a commute of roughly an hour is enough.

Today I fixed the fairings a little (she was dropped before I got her, and thus cheap) and closed the air inlets int the front (see if it holds long, seems there are parts missing). Also, I lubricated the chain a little.
Generally she is a workhorse, as I have other projects, she might not get the full attention. For example, I could fix, maybe even modify the fairings with fibreglass but cannot find the time, yet.

I have been checking this site from time to time and been reading a lot, especially the tips. I very much appreciate any input from you guys.

Thanks in advance!