View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 05:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
marcexec
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatr911 View Post
Your re-gearing target seems appropriate for a first try. Since us Yanks don't have that cool bike someone over there might be able to advise you on how high you can gear it. The peaky engine might not produce much power at 8,500-9,000 rpm. That, or you can be the pioneer. Use a Scottoiler or similar automatic chain oiler to reduce friction and keep your chain wear down.

A bigger windshield may help but go no higher than your shoulders, also keep the steep slope for clean non-tubulent smooth air flow. Also any baggage you might have should be out of the air flow. Put it on the tank, on the seat behind you or on your back.

Easy gains are also had if your carburetor jetting is not optimized. Some manufacturers jet some models quite rich, in these cases it's a win/win - more power and decreased fuel use.

Lastly please report back your results! We're all curious what changes positively affect your fuel use.
Regarding the oiler, I am already considering this little gadget: About Tutoro

I was considering a windshield I am just able to hide behind if I'm neatly fully tucked. anybody has suggestions where to get one? Are there generic ones around or from a different model that might fit?

I had the carbs redone by a bike shop.

for my progress, check Details: Honda - CBR 250R MC19

I will update it every evening or the next morning, since I currently fill her every time I come back from work.

Last edited by marcexec; 09-04-2009 at 07:12 AM..