View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
franklovecchio
EcoModding Lurker

I know you can make any tire ROWL, but I've seen it done, and it looks tacky. (detailed cars for years)

The problem with the fiberglass layup I did is the form didn't hold the curve after I took it from the mold, even after 5 layers. I should have epoxied in something rigid to keep it's form. The other problem, the seal, is the aftermarket rubber does not bend the contours well...which is why using the original metal frame and seal seems like a good idea.

Look closely...I shaved the roof moldings, the side moldings, and I got rid of the front windshield moldings and replaced it with an aftermarket seal! I did not shave the door handles because that is another project in itself, one thing at a time

I don't have Brembos, nor do I plan on getting them, so I could care less about seeing the brakes. I like the plug idea for the wheels! I could easily come up with a CAD file of a plug and have them printed out from that company overseas, Shapeways does it cheaply I think.

As far as the transmission goes, I have the 5speed manual that was in the DX/EX. I wonder if a swap requires an adapter plate. I'll have to do some googling and Honda foruming to see if it's been done with my generation.