View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 02:07 AM   #58 (permalink)
taredog
EcoModding Lurker

pickup - '01 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 Sport
90 day: 16.35 mpg (US)

Focus - '16 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 31.46 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg465x View Post
I too was once on the verge of returning my Maxitrip, but I finally got it figured out.

There is one major bug that throws off a lot of the Maxitrip's calculations. The distance driven is based off speed, but for some reason it's being multiplied by approximately .75. Miles per gallon is calculated using distance, so if the distance is wrong, almost everything is wrong.

To fix it, adjust the speed calibration value so that your distance driven is correct. 1.32 is a good starting point. Obviously your speed will no longer be displayed correctly, but you have a speedometer in your car already so who cares.

After doing that, my mpg readings are very accurate (within 1% of what I calculate when I fill up)
Correct me if I am wrong..

We all adjusted the speed calibration to match the actual speed. Guess we were wrong.

You are saying to experiment with the speed calibration until the distance driven is correct? And live with that? That we must adjust the "speed calibration" to fix the miles driven and live with the other inacuracies?

Thanks for the solution. I guess we all can live with that after spending $100. We didnt't need any of those other readings anyway.

Just curious gtg465x, if you are working presently, who do you work for?