View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
pedjamil
EcoModding Lurker

Hello Everyone !!!!

I've started this thread to introduce myself (don't expect anyone to actually read it) and because it is right thing to do , when someone joins the forum.
I was educated as machine engineer but I make a living as interior designer/carpenter. I'm not an eco freak (not that I have something against them) but I would like to live in more cleaner , healthier environment and I strongly believe in energy independence (on a personal level, as much as it can be done).
I live in Serbia , which isn't "hi tech" country , not because there is lack of knowledge , but because lack of money; so here is hard to find electric motor for next to nothing in a junk yard and hub motors are not existing (e.g.) . Only advantage of living in that kind of country (regarding E vehicles) is that work an services (and I mean expert work and knowledge) is dirt chip. For the time being my goal is to set up e-bike with LiFePO Batteries (if my finance allow) and I'll be thinking about e car if I won the lottery (which I play very , very rarely) . Now , if that happens , you'll be reading other thread with new conversion