View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
richar18
EcoModding Lurker

Hey guys! Looking forward to getting your opinions on this new technology.

Hey guys, I just joined and am here looking for thoughts and opinions regarding a device I am working on. I am joining pretty much every green car forum I can find, to get as many opinions as possible. I am a grad student, and am working on technology that looks like it will be incredibly useful as an automatic tire inflator.

So, here is the schpeil:

The device would be small - about 1" x .6" x 1.5", or a little smaller than most Tire pressure Monitor System (TPMS) sensors, and could fit on the end of a valve stem like a TPMS sensor. The cost would be under $100 total for all 4 tires, likely including installation at a commercial tire shop. It would pump enough air at typical speeds to keep your tires from going flat if you ran over a nail, or other sharp object that causes only fixeable tire damage. It uses no batteries, and only pumps at over about 25 mph.

So - I am curious as to how well received you guys think a product like this would be, and how you feel this would stack up against TPMS's. Would you be interested in this type of technology? It seems like a good idea, but I would like to start getting other people's opinions. Thanks!