View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #216 (permalink)
blownb310
Master EcoModder

Saab EV - '19 Chevy Bolt EV LT

Pierre - '07 ZENN MC2 Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownb310 View Post
Gentleman,
I am starting to plan a fall event today. I will start from scratch with an all new route. I have some racing dates planned for most weekends in October so I am tentatively planning for a November 1st date. What I would like to know from you all here is:

1. Are you interested in another event this fall?

2. Do you think November 1st is too late in the year?
I sent these questions out to my email list and got more than enough positive replies back to move forward. I spent most of yesterday mapping out a proposed new course on google maps. Two of them in fact. I used the "terrain" function to check for elevations and such. I will drive them both of them to check for any undesirable characteristics, make necessary tweaks, and figure out fuel station[s] and start/finish point[s]. Economy Run IV is well on it's way at this point fellas.

So you see? You can literally put one of these events together in about a week.

I've got some new ideas about instrumentation too. I think any car with mpg instumentation should be using it during the event as a backup for any wild numbers that come up at the pumps. This really saved the day for us with Ben's CRX, who's top offs [for some unknown reason] were simply impossible to do accurately.