View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
JeepNmpg2
Jeep Ecomodder

Daddy's Jeep - '00 Jeep Cherokee SE
90 day: 19.66 mpg (US)

Mama's Kia - '06 Kia Sedona LX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMPG View Post
If that's your Jeep in your pic, I would say... Get rid of all that extra that didn't' come on it, and put on road tires.
Actually, I don't have a pic of my Cherokee to post, I'm deployed and just happened not to have one on the hard drives that I brought with me. But the one in the pic that I am using is about as close as it could be (my rack is a heck of a lot more aerodynamic).

One thing to remember is that everyone here isn't going for "absolute economy," as I personally am looking to compromise in using removable eco-components. Since this rig is my daily driver (and my commute rarely gets above 35 mph for now) I don't anticipate ecomodding it out. HOWEVER, I do have plans I'm drawing up to fab when I get back for parts that I can install for longer, highway/freeway trips. Remember, I'm trying for a best of both worlds approach, not to say I might not remove the offending roof cargo rack for a long trip if not in use or I can't ecomod around it (which I'm still dreaming up now). I know I can't have everything, but I do know what I'm not willing to give up, so I need to compromise for them.