View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
UltraJosua
EcoModding Lurker

Imperial Blue - '10 Chevrolet Cobalt LT
90 day: 23.67 mpg (US)
*Jeep waves to everyone*

Hey 'modder!

I know we're not a lot around here who enjoy driving big brick. But I must confess driving a Jeep is a one of a kind experience. If you get the sickness, there's no cure for it.

After 3 years of driving small and economic car, I bought my first Jeep, a 2004 TJ rubicon edt. 30 000 km on the odometer, which is really low for that year. Already installed was a 4 inch suspension. LT245/75/R16 Tire and Hardtop.

So there I am, 23 years old, french quebecers from canada, driving this big monster, gas drinking thing. On the other side, I'm this children of hippie, dating a treehugger, almost vegetarian myself.

The trouble is, I can't drive this thing without having a bit of a itch on my conscience. So that's why I trying my best to improve my fuel efficiency.

By changing my driving habit and trying to modify my ride.

First time I got it, I got around 13mpg, 5 month later I'm already topping 21.5 only by tweaking my driving style. Using a lot of Neutral deceleration, smooth acceleration, 10 kmh under the limit on the highway. Trying to achieve the sweet spot for my speed changing since I got no instrumentation other than what's stock with it.

I've been lurking around here for about 4 month, reading alot of building thread, Blog post, and article. Asked a question once. So I thought it might be a good time to make my introduction to the world of Ecomodder.

Hi everyone!

and hope all goes well in the future