View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #73 (permalink)
NiHaoMike
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Finally did another mod to the Prius yesterday afternoon. But, it wasn't a FE mod.

I just got my Dice ipod hookup for the Prius and got it installed. It was pretty easy overall.

Here are the parts.

First, rip the dash apart. The newer cars are actually much better about this than older ones. Pretty much everything snaps on/off. I did have to snake my hand around to the back of the radio to insert the plug into it. Thankfully, I have small hands.

Last, I put the Dice in the glove box. I'm still not sure if I have it setup the way I want it since you can set it up as an additional cd player, mp3 player, or satellite. They all seem to work a bit differently and have their own pluses and minuses.
Care to explain exactly what that device does? As I understand it, it plugs into the radio, then you plug in a USB drive with MP3s on it, similar to what's available in the 2010 Insight. Does it support one touch playlists and/or symbolic links? (In other words, how well does it integrate into the existing interface?)

Allie Moore and I have a combined carbon footprint much smaller than that of one average American...