View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
The most common response I get when I take my Electric Car to public events is "I thought all of these were recalled and you couldn't get electric cars" yes, the death of the electric car is all in your head, they are real, they are out there and you can have one if you want.

GM made around 1,100 of the EV1 and they never sold them, just leased, they also made around the same number of the Chevy S10 (E10?) in a full electric using the same technology as the EV1, some of those were recalled but a vast number of them are still out there with a handful being for sale at any given point in time.
Ford also made an electric Ford Ranger, they are still out there as well, people are buying them, selling them, using them.
Tesla Motors has sold over 1,700 of their roadster... sold, not leased, already outselling the GM EV1 at a price less then GM said it cost them to make their EV1!
There were around 7,000-8,000 C-Cars (Seabring Vangard Citi-Car and Commuter Vehicles Commuti-Car) sold, not leased, between 1975 and 1982.
So just because a handful of electric vehicles that were never sold are no longer out there people think that they can't have an electric car! if that is the case then why do I have two?