View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #309 (permalink)
basjoos
Master EcoModder

Aerocivic - '92 Honda Civic CX
Last 3: 70.54 mpg (US)

AerocivicLB - '92 Honda Civic CX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.14 mpg (US)

Camryglide - '20 Toyota Camry hybrid LE
90 day: 62.77 mpg (US)
Yes, I do run the air conditioner at times. After all, this is South Carolina in the summer. The reported mileage was gotten in the course of driving my usual routes with a mix of trips ranging from 15 miles to 100 miles in length, city driving in Greenwood and Greenville, SC and in Hendersonville and Weaverville, NC. Up and down US 25 from Greenwood, SC into the mountains of NC on I-26 driving at the posted speed limits ranging from 35mph in town to 70mph on the rural highways. The altitude ranges from 450 feet elevation in Greenwood to 2200 feet in the NC mountains.

So to answer your question, yes I am getting that mileage hauling a significant load ( myself, 3 dogs, and miscellaneous cargo) on real road conditions including hills and dales and citys and traffic. If I wanted to, I could knock out 100+mpg trips if I strictly confined myself to flat rural roads with no traffic on them where I could stay in lean burn all of the time. But when I run into town with traffic, lights, stops, etc. the mileage comes down.

My wife rides in it and wishes I would install more aero mods on her Honda Odyssey (for which I have done a grill block and underpaneling). I don't care about "pretty". "Pretty" gets stolen more often
Christ (09-03-2009)