View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant!

CR-EX - '12 Honda CR-Z EX
Send a message via Yahoo to bluetwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionmovement View Post
Funny, I see it the opposite way—any time I see an SUV, I think "woman's car", since that's who's normally driving them.
Then I am SO glad I'm not the only one. With the exception of a few SUV's that are actually kind of hard core (and most people who have them don't really use them) most SUV's are just glorified commuter cars with big wheels. People could just as easily drive a Crown Vic or a Dodge Caravan and have as much cargo space and "utility" as those others have.

I hate to put gender roles or stereotypes on people but as a guy in the Army I see way too many people driving a "mans ride" which is usually just a full size truck with some useless modifications like louder exhausts or whatever. And it's just such a waste in my opinion. Whatever though, to each his own. America is great because we have the freedom to choose whether to drive an ecofriendly car or a planet-killing gargantuan of a vehicle; depending on your point of view I suppose.

As for me I'll keep my small truck for the things I need it for and drive my Honda Civic - day in, day out for it's fuel economy and practicality.