View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 02:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Luxbg
EcoModding Lurker

03 OZ - '03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally
90 day: 34.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdrouille View Post
IMHO, your money could be better spend elsewhere.
I will refer you to my second to last and last point in my original post:

Quote:
# Even if they don't work, they don't do any FE harm either, at least I have not seen anything that would indicate that.
# At the very least I will have better visibility during rain as I have no rear wiper. Worst case scenario, I will have a small advantage even if they don't do anything for FE. And I rather like the look
And as I have just done the passenger mirror delete, a clear rear window during rain will actually be a big advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5bikes
No I'm not about to do ABA testing as it would ruin the DB sticky tape which was the most expensive part of this project.
Yeah the more i think about doing the ABA testing the on this project the more it seems like it is not the ideal project to do it if one has never done it before! However even if I end up doing the tests, I don't expect any FE gains that would be outside of the margin of error to begin with.

Seems like my initial judgment of the situation was about right: installing VGs to increase FE is an act of faith So I'll have to be happy with the better view out the back. Thanks for the feedback everyone