View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
This is fantastic work. A lot of this engine stuff doesn't come so intuitively to me, so I'm hesitant to start restoring my XFi project. There are plenty of engine rebuild kits out there, but I'm not sure I need to drop the money to get every single thing... I don't know the names of every single engine internal, but I'm not afraid to tear something apart and put it back together. Do you have any advice on going about taking my engine apart and diagnosing what should be replaced? I don't think it has any major problems running, I just needed to pull the engine anyway to work on the control arm mounts. Seemed like a good time to take a peek inside while it's out of there. I did try starting it, but it didn't work because I had removed the cam and put it back in totally wrong. (big puffs of air were blowing into the intake instead of the exhaust)... and it had year old gas in it.

Again, extraordinary work. You certainly are crafty, and speedy with your progress. Thanks a million for posting this - very useful.