View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_BAD_Boy View Post
On a flat road, driving in 5th gear with 35 mph theoretically I should get 1.62/100 (according to the Aerodynamic & rolling resistance, power & MPG calculator) which shows that under 3/100 is not impossible at all.
When I was doing coastdown and FE testing, I got an average of 3.0-3.1 l/100km @ 70 km/h (44 mph). I'll add that my car has the same Cd as a Skoda Fabia (0.33), but is at least 30-40% heavier and has much larger frontal area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxman View Post
I'm interesting if you had lights on, and shut off engine power so often like its possible? If engine off. how off? When i kill the engine, my brake booster didn't work and its very hard brake. Also my key in ignition can be lock automatically, which is very danger.

I tried the key after killing put again on place no. 1 (be ready) but don't know if is good.
As soon as the engine is off, turn the key to the '1' or 'start' or 'ignition' position! This turns everything back on, except the engine, and unlocks the steering wheel. You shouldn't be rolling with the car completely off! It's easier to start the car from there (either turn the key to activate the starter, or 'bump-start' by putting in a high gear and releasing the clutch, assuming you are still rolling). The brakes should be good for 1-2 presses, unless you have a leak in your vacuum system.
There are some threads here on how to make a switch to turn your engine off or on without turning the key, which is good if you do EOC often. Your car probably is better suited for EOC than the newest models, with a lot of electronics, power steering, etc.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread