Thread: Aero'd 07 Aveo
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Aero'd 07 Aveo

My friend bought an Aveo in attempts to drive his Van less after seeing the results of my aero mods.
Here it is, all stock. It's a 5speed.

Here is the wheel well I had to work with - the aft part (the rear bumper) of the well dips inwards under the plane of the tire. this made things a little complicated, but nothing worthy of an additional picture.

In progress...

Finished skirt

Finished grille blocks

Full finished view

While I was driving it to get some of the hardware I needed for the installation, I got some nice flat stretches of highway where I got an idea of a baseline MPG - about 36-37. When I was finished I went to that same stretch and saw numbers like 42-43. (All at 55mph, very little wind) Hopefully I will be able to convince him to join the forum to give us accounts of his increased FE first-hand, but I will give an update once he does a couple more tanks to see if he sees any significant difference.
I was thinking about doing some science stuff with the AABBABlah...yeah I didn't do it. The means by which I attached the grill blocks weren't as easily removable as the ones on my car, so I trashed that idea. I know these mods made a diff. on my car, so I do expect a sizable increase in FE for this car.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02592.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	4213