View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by micondie View Post
I agree that you should check for a better wiring diagram. I have the two volume factory set for my Caravan and most of the second book is wiring diagrams. I my case the lockup is accomplished by grounding a lead from the transmission and I will have to wire it so the computer still sees voltage or it will think the solenoid is burnt out and set a code. In Mass I can't pass inspection with the check engine light on. The brake light switch sounds like the best option for unlock but I would suggest a bright RED light as a visual reminder. It shouldn't take long for you to get into the habit of unlocking, when was the last time you forgot to put in the clutch while driving a standard?
I don't have an electronically controlled transaxle. It's all hydraulic, and the only electronics on it are the neutral/park start switch and the reverse indicator switch.

I haven't seen any other wires anywhere on it that would be related to a lockup solenoid, so I have to assume that it's governor controlled, like my shifting.