View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Man, what an nice looking project. Who would have thought that we'd have "summer bumpers" and "winter bumpers"!

You've inspired me to get off my butt and start work on a new feature for EM for threads just like this: a "registry" of mod projects (where you click a button in any thread documenting a project and that adds it to the list).
Moderated or not?

I thought about something like this last week, but never said anything about it... my idea was basically to have a registry feature that one could add his or her (hah) own mods to, but it would be global view...

This way, the user could add his blog-type build in pictures and posts, and set up an index to each section of a project (if it's warranted), while users looking for mod projects can click a link, similar to the 65+ Vehicle modifications for better fuel economy - EcoModder.com link, and the resultant page would deluge them with links and preliminary images that would give a good idea what the mod was about, like a library page of mods.

Click the mod that you're interested in, it takes you to the build blog, with a link to the original thread for each project, if the reader is interested in the extraneous comments and such.

I wonder if there is a wiki template for this?