View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
SVOboy
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
I agree that you shouldn't have to pay for someone else's tickets, but the fact that this one person could rack up so many tickets on his own in his own car is very good evidence that the system that prevents the cameras from ticketing the vehicle owner regardless of the driver is working.

Unless someone does a decent study comparing the amount of wrongly ticketed people from the machines to those wrongly ticketed by police officers, I'm not going to think badly of one option over the other. Personally, I've only been pulled over once for "reckless driving" when my wheels spun half a rotation in some dirt at a stop, which is certainly not reckless, but I was driving a red CRX at night and 18 years old so I was a good target to pull over. At least the machines don't pull over black people so they can illegally search their cars or have some of the other common biases that police officers do, so I don't think even the crazy Arizonians can say they're all negative.

Meh