View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMcCornack View Post
SVOboy wrote:
> Not to be overly critical, but if you posted all these things together in one thread it would be easier to figure out what is going on.

Man, I give Isaac points for giving us a title that relates to the post--it contained the words "radiator" and "CLOGGED". These forums have a bunch of titles that don't give you a clue to the topic, e.g.

How many of you think it would be nice to see a list of

Still big for me!!!

Taked to the dealer today....

I find it interesting that nobody mentioned

Do we have a set of style guidelines somewhere on this web site? Most of us would probably follow them if they were prominent. I personally lurked for a year before I dove in, just trying to get a feel for the place...and I'm still too much a noob to risk discourtesy; style guidelines would be a help.

PS--the examples above relate to a users list, Neon mileage, torque converter clutch operation, and interference between the air conditioner condenser and the radiator.
Yeah, but I believe those are all from this OP... and if not, at least 2 of them are, maybe 3, which kind of displaces the argument in his favor, doesn't it?

I can agree with titles that are slightly related to the topic, but then again, there's the "hover" feature, where you hover over the title, and the first few words in the post show up in a note, which is to help you decide if it's something you're interested in or not.

I can also agree that the topics based on the same vehicle should probably be put in the same thread, with POST TITLES rather than new threads, because the more threads that are posted, the more strain it is on the EM forum server.