View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Hug Your Dad Today

I usually don't get into the mushy stuff on any websites but I thought my recent experiences might help someone down the line. This post probably serves as more of an outlet for me to get things off my mind than anything so take it for what it's worth.

My dad was recently diagnosed with late stage liver cancer and he has just a short time left. He's 53 years old and he's lived a full life...although seemingly cut way too short due to this illness. My mom and dad were divorced when I was very young and while I've always been in contact with him for visits and phone calls I've usually never lived closer than 4 hours from him (and since being an adult usually 7+ hours). So, as you might expect, the next few weeks or so will be spent saying goodbye with precious few hours left to spend together. I'll be traveling back and forth from MA to PA over the next few weeks to spend as much time as possible with him.

So, if you are able give your dad a hug today, or call him on the phone or if your own dad has passed spend a couple minutes thinking about him.

Sorry for the babble...thought it might be a good reminder to some to spend time with your dad while you have the chance.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matt Herring For This Useful Post:
Christ (09-13-2009), Funny (09-14-2009), IsaacCarlson (09-17-2009), RH77 (09-17-2009)