View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
BTW - No worries about Bush, no worries about Obama - I worry about the rifle toting people who show up at Obama's speeches... unless they're like the "Minute Men" who are apparently vigilante enforcers.. Maybe those AR14's, 22/230's, 7mm Mags, etc... are all there to be proactive against a racist assassination attempt? Concerned citizens, no?
You mean like this that happened back in august?
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.axd?picture=2009%2f8%2fguywithgun.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	4259

The original source for the picture....

I'm not trying to start an argument, but please make sure you have all the "facts" from both sides, and choose the one that makes the most logical, rational sense.
There are no contradictions in life. When you find yourself facing a contradiction, check your premises, you will find one of them is wrong.

To the topic, I would love to have a camera at the major intersections in towns. But not every intersection is major. The justification for a camera should come from number of accidents, and number of violations at that intersection versus other intersections in the area. I am by no means saying that the pictures could be enforced effectively, but merely having the cameras there provides a deterrent to some (afraid of breaking the law and getting caught), an incentive to others(not afraid of bucking the system and hoping to get off Scott-free).

Last edited by Funny; 09-14-2009 at 01:02 PM..