Thread: Project 100mpg
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL
EcoModding Apprentice

Deceptive - '98 Dodge Neon R/T
90 day: 44.38 mpg (US)
ryland - i havent shortened the exhaust any, i just used a straight pipe in place of the muffler, its still as long as stock was. Again, this was when the car was stock that i did the measurements on gas mileage for the muffler, so it might have made more of a difference then then it will when the car is finished. Final plans are for a moroso spiral flow muffler, since its supposed to be the best at cutting sound down without killing flow, and an insulated exhaust tunnel to keep the flow as quick as possible

christ - i decided to use the R/T because its clean, on the inside. The expresso would probably be a little worse, as its a little heavier then the R/T, a base would be ideal, but the problem which base models around here is 90% of them are autos, which in california makes them illegal to swap to a 5 speed. I tried that route, and got my car dinged as illegal. The other 10% are usually just trashed.

I was actually looking at both the stratus cams, and intake manifold, as its a super long runner with a small plenum, should move the torque down as low as possible.