View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetr-yo View Post
I have been lurking for a while now...... and I am starting my journey for better fuel economy. I like the kammback which is going to be one of the first mods I am going do to a metro. Anyways If you had the cash would you get this type of windshield...... do not know if this has been addressed before .

There are GTP car windshields available from kit car manufactures for about $3,000 US.These seem to have the best aerodynamic attributes of any laminated safety glass ( a must in the USA ) windshield available at any price.This is on my shopping list for the Dodge D-100 project.To use this glass will require major surgery to the cab,something I'm will to do with the Dodge.--------- In the meantime,I have a rear windshield from a 1995 Camaro/Firebird which may find it's way into high speed air on the front of the T-100.---------- The EV-1 had a beautiful full wrap-around semispherical windshield,however,because of it's demise,we no longer have access to that speed/mpg equipment.What a loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!