View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 02:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Smile Cobalts and G5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusth View Post
Excellent! Beats my best highway tank of 38 (my worst is 34) and that was pure highway driving. I'm sure 40-45 avg is reachable by mortals even without EOC at 60 MPH. By the way, I tried EOC and my DIC showed 0 MPG, so if you do try to coast with the engine off, I think you'll have to compute MPG the old fashioned way.
I can't coast with the engine off because I would lose power steering. The RPMs idle at around 900RPM when I coast.

Nobody ever thought GM could do it, but they have. In 2010 it will become obvious that GM is serious about having the best fuel economy based on all that is in their pipeline. THE Cobalt and G5 where the first sub-compact cars GM has ever built of such quality with some awesome devices thrown on as standard stuff. I ALWAYS changed the stock radio before, ever since the old Delco days of car stereos. I planed on replacing this stereo but I can't, it's too damm nice! Lots of power, plenty of speakers, can hear the entire range, very low distortion-CD/MP3 XM AM/FM All STANDARD Equipment! This, indeed was a first from GM on a sub-compact!

Tonight I got 40.7 AVG MPG!! Wahooo My first 40 mile MPG drive!!

****Say gang, instead of a Chevy Team, what amount calling it The GM Team so we can include drivers of G5's??****

40.7- Oh Happy Day-Aye!!!