View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
I dunno 99Metro... I found an XFi, bought it, and am in the process of restoring it. When I bought it I intended to replace my 98 civic with it, but I agree with the tinfoil deathtrap thing... If you are going to be driving it DAILY for long distances and you have nasty winters, then even if you are a good driver someone could still hit you, and pretty much inevitably cause a lot of damage to you. I feel that the longer your commute, the greater the likelihood of a collision. He mentioned he had kids too. I'm an invincible youngin and even I'm now prepared to fix up the XFi for the experience and the resale value when gas prices go back up () and find a Gen1 Insight instead. The more I read about the gen1 Insight, the more I want one. Even if that car were to not be hybrid at all, it's still about the weight of a metro because its all aluminum, has a 1.0l engine, manual trans, AND it has lean burn. It's the first production lean-burn car with a system to control the raised levels of NOx resulting from lean burning. Sounds pretty frickin sweet to me, and THEN you can remember that it is also a hybrid.

Snatch up that insight ASAP if you can. If not, get a civic, ANY civic for the right price. I have the worst civic you could possibly get for MPG (Due to my thirsty VTEC engine and torque-y transmission gearing) but I'm still cranking out reasonably good numbers with light mods. Good luck on your search, and welcome to EM