View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
moorecomp
Master EcoModder

I have the same car with a manual trans, and as a test I disconnected this line to see what was going on. I had 50 miles on my last tank when I first disconnected this and ran it that way for the whole tank (400 miles with it disconnected). When I first disconnected it and started the car, there was a noticable stumble and it did not want to idle (not unexpected). I drove it anyway and after a few miles, it idled fine. At times I did see some high mpg numbers on the MPGuino for instant mpg's, and it felt as if the throttle seemed to be more sensitive. I was cautiously optomistic. Overall, the tank mileage was not any better than I normally get (42.67 versus 43.18 for the previos fill). Check the fuel log in my sig to see my history. I still have the line disconnected, to keep an eye and see if any long term benefits will show. So far, it appears this tank is going to be about the same as the last. As an aside, the weather is a little cooler and I expect the mpg's to go down with it. Hard to tell as of now what affect it is having. I have not had any pinging with this disconnected, but your motor had some performance mods I do not have, so that may have something to do with that.