View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 03:14 AM   #33 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Thumbs up Finally I own a Chevy that can go over 45MPH- See Pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusth View Post
I paid the same as you, except I actually paid $2700 less because of my GM card earnings (final price $10,400, woo-hoo!).
My Dealership family (as in they are close to our family, we seem to be real close friends) SAID THEY HAD A POLICY OF not ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS OVER $500. Now my father has done much business with these guys, and I bet they would go along with the GM Credit Card discount in a heartbeat if he pushed it. BUT, dad said I was getting a good enough price (using my insurance settlement money) and he had just as well wait and save his card for his own next personal car purchase- He is not a hi tech guy at all, he is lure-y of first generation stuff- except for the Pontiac Fiero back in 84 to 85. But something deep inside me makes me wonder if he wont end up with buying one of those Volts- they should be right in his price range! He has seen how excited I am over saving all of this gas without too many hard sacrifices- Like I have a ton of storage area for a sub-compact, it's beyond belief.

I bought my car from the dealer and salesguy because I knew I could trust all of them. Other sales guy tried to pull stuff on me, and dont you know, I caught it- I aint that dumb! But my salesguy had to have ME TRAIN HIM in how to search for XFE on GM's own site!! He was waiting for Chevy to call him back- I told him to search by TRANSMISSION because manuals were XFE and visa versa. Thats how he found my car in another state and he gave me the $1000 from the OTHER dealer that was trying to push the car off the lot because it had sit their too long. (I guess Indiana is not green....)

Today was a challenge for my car. we got hit with flash-floods while I was driving in a city over-ran with traffic due to a local music show called Poppy Mountain- It is the Wood Stock of BLUEGRASS MUSIC! Its nutts, people bringing trailers and beer (not outside or busted) likely drugs, but it's pure BLUEGRASS!! I went once and really thought it was 1969 and I was looking out for the brown acid man. - The point is my car was driven in high wind and hard rain today which knocked my mileage down a lot. BUT- the good news is when the rain stopped I went out for a long cruise and I think I have FINALLY topped of what my car can get. And I think I may be starting a new job that I so badly need right now!! Anyway I did take some time driving the car AFTER the bad traffic and weather went away. Here is the picture from my dashboard:

IF THE PICTURE FAILS TO DISPLAY IT READS "45.2 MPG AVG".

I think thats not bad for a $13,00 new car that has enough power to go 0 to 60 in 7 1/2 seconds("Unheard of for a car of this class"-MotorTrend) and open up to at least 115MPH, or as one says, 140MPH, and looks like it would burn much more gas to drive in such way too. The days of econo boxes all being microscopic with jacked up Lawn and Garden Tractors owners wanting to race, and those tiny 3 cylinder engines will be in the past. I believe there is now NO STOPPING the electric / Hybrid car rush by the world's cars engineers. Another form of electric technology will replace the all gasoline engine, but I do believe in a few years ALL NEW cars sold will have at least some form of hybrid electric, or all electric components within the engine design. America is driving this GREEN thing, and many Americans want to drive a giant 4x4 BigFoot truck and get 80 MPG too. This is why the engineers are trying to combine the two technologies. The idea is to go ALL ELECTRIC in enough time. But we only have liquid fuel pumps so far, we have no FAST CHARGE PUMP at a fuel station YET. - Just my 2- cents.

Last edited by Jammer; 09-19-2009 at 07:13 PM..