View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #38 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Downsides to Cobalts / G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMPG View Post
Ah thank you, I think we may go car shopping today.
I'm so sorry that I did not read your question before now, some how I overlooked your last sentence. lusth is right on the money, spot on in all ways. The condensation issue is a problem for me if I use the air conditioner or not, but we all know that all we need to do is to turn on the defrost (rear defogger is standard) on either windshield. Sometimes cracking the window can help, and the rear view is not so much a problem for me personally, but I'm used to driving large 4x4 trucks, so anything beats that view!The thing that sets this problem apart from most other cars is it can happen in temps as high as the mid 60's, so it takes getting used to when it comes time to turn on the defrost. It's true about the trunk being large for a sub-compact yet has a rather small opening. - However the rear seats do fold down and things can be stored through the doors into the trunk area if needed.

lusth is also spot on when it comes to price/performance ratio. I could not find a better buy for my $13,000 and I searched hard. Always ask about discounts, because sometimes GM will have them out their and not advertise them very much. The new 60 day program is great too because it allows one to return the car with less than 3,000 miles and get back their money (for the most part). You wont lose anything if you buy the car and find out you hate it because GM is throwing all they got into marketing and WILL take a car back within 60 days of use now. There is some fine print involved, but the customer does not lose out on anything considering they use the car for 60 days or less.

Last edited by Jammer; 09-19-2009 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: Fixing poor spelling.