View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 03:24 AM   #45 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Jammer -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
Well, today I tested mine and got negative results. When I turn off my motor and then put the key back to ACC or RUN I had no power steering nor power brakes!! I kept trying variations with the key, and I went back and read stuff on this site and others on how to do it- But my car losses power steering AND power brakes. If people are not very careful somebody is going to run with this advise and coast right down a mountain and go straight over a cliff!! I feel it's just plain bad advise and should never be advise to tell others to do. It's too dangerous for many types of cars. I tried everything I read about my 2009 XFE there is no way of turning of the engine to cruise without jeopardizing lives. My Cobalt idles at about 900RPM- I still save a bundle coasting with the engine in idle. I'm not risking my neck for a gallon of gas, heck I'm lucky I survived my accident of last July, I sure do not wish to tempt fate.
If I'm traveling down a mountain, I've recently learned that all I need to do is leave it in a gear that keeps me above 2500 RPM. Then DFCO (Deceleration Fuel Cut-Off) does the rest. I always qualify my statements to others and don't recommend EOC to anyone that is new to the ecomodder game.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society