View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
2003protege
EcoModding Enthusiast

Silver Bullet - '03 Mazda Protege LX
90 day: 29.51 mpg (US)

Silver Bullet - '03 Mazda Protege LX
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)

Blaze - '17 Ford Escape
Current Information

09-30-09 - ...Back..But Slowly
I have applied the LED display template to a 1/2" piece of MDF. I will drill the hole pattern and then chisel away the channels of each segment down to the hole. I hope I'm doing a good job of explaining it, 'cause I don't want to draw it. Hopefully I can have that done within a day or two, and start getting an idea of how this display will function in full daylight <--VEEERRY IMPORTANT haha.

09-21-09 - Project is Back

I haven't taken much time to work on this project since the OP. I have a renewed sense of purpose toward this project, and should be able to hit the ground running (the project was boxed, but not forgotten!). I haven't lost sight of the goal, and I think my intentions remain pretty much unchanged.

I want the LCD to be a three-digit display (cutsom fabrication). I plan on using one button to cycle through the various options (Speed, RPM, instant MPG, trip(tank) MPG) and also reset the trip.

Up next on my agenda will be the fabrication of the LED display. My chief concern, even though I'm moving forward with the display fabrication, is the amount of memory the binary conversion will use within the program (the iDuino will output 3 x 4-place binary signals to control the individual digits of the LED display, thus it will need to convert the output numbers to binary). I probably could use some programming expertise when I get to that point

Anyway, be on the lookout for updates.

9/30 390

Last edited by 2003protege; 09-30-2009 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Update