View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
high speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
I didn't give permission, they must have pulled them off a site on the internet where those photos were posted. Interesting that they are ridiculing my car along with hypermiling, since my car is a high speed fuel saver and I thought they were into speed. I built it deliberately so I wouldn't have to go slow to get good mileage and could travel at normal highway speeds with good FE. You won't find me driving 38mph in the slow lane with the geezers.
Mike,I know you're a lot further east of Bonneville than me,but have you ever considered running the Honda there? USFRA has a 130-mph Club for "street" cars.They require a Snell 2,000 or better helmet,a 5-pound fire extinguisher,metal valve caps and 40-psi in the tires.Membership in USFRA is $40 and there is a tech inspection,and also each driver must perform a 100-mph handling run to test speedometer calibration.You would need H-rated tires.You can run up to 139 mph and get a time slip accurate to 1/1000-mph from SCTA.--------- I think the AEROCIVIC would blow their minds and visitors would get a strong dose of what drag reduction can achieve.-------------- I plan to run next year in the T-100 and see about running with the trailer also,something I don't think has been done before.
I don't think the general public makes the "performance" connection with aero.This is one venue where it can be taken to the extreme in as safe as an environment as is possible.Please consider it.Top speed remains as a strong engineering criteria for design efficiency.When people realize that "Salt" technology works also on the "Street" we open many doors to near term possibilities and expectations in transportation.------------- The CIVIC remains an inspiration,thanks for all you do,Phil.
The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
dremd (09-21-2009)