Thread: Project 100mpg
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL
EcoModding Apprentice

Deceptive - '98 Dodge Neon R/T
90 day: 44.38 mpg (US)
well this sucks, wanted to have more updates but my attempt to do more work imploded on me.

got the new valve cover gasket, oil restrictor and pcv valve in this saturday. drove it around for 30 miles afterwards.

this morning i got the new air filter in, drivers mirror removed, mudflaps removed, and checked the tire pressure, and on my way leaving for work, the car died. Instantly, no cough or sputter, just stopped dead in its tracks. Its not seized, and turns over fine, the timing belt is ok as well.

theres no spark. Tried another computer, crank position sensor, cam position sensor, and coil. I dont think its the asd relay, because as far as i know, if the relays bad, the fuel pump wont prime and it does. I havent found any bad wires yet either. My dads coming up with his multimeter and were gonna go through everything, as this is my only car.

sucks, i wanted to get the upper grill block, egr clean out, and oil done today. And after checking my tires, i was super excited about getting over 45 mph on this tank, since my tires were right at 30psi, and i was going to put them at max, which is 44.