View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Any good sites for Metro Parts?

I FINALLY GOT ONE !!! not 1000ft from my house next to 7-11 there it was a blue metro. I stop and YES !! its a 2dr XFI 1.0 5speed! no air but thats ok $100 and a junkyard visit will take care of that.

$597 ! I thought it was a typo or it was missing a one but no its $597 run great ! need some exhaust work and an ebrake cable other than that its good to go!

No rust anywhere I could find except little spots. shock towers SOLID no rust.

VERY COOL!

SO is there a good thread for "what you should do with your new metro"

also any good metro parts sites? not everyone carries parts for them and they tend to be a bit on the pricey side!!

for my VW Thing we have specialized parts sites such as the thing shop etc..

is there a similar following and sites behind the metro?

For now here is what I am looking for. Exhaust. not sure what yet (put a down payment on it hopefully have it paid off in 2 or 3 weeks or so)

LH Front Fender and Hood. they are actually in good shape and paint is good but they have a few small dents and If I can replace them easily enough I will so it looks really nice.

Any suggestions etc.. greatly appreciated!

50mpg here I come!!!

how hard is it to do the fuel pump? I assume its a 10gallon tank? so far every single car I own and my father owns and my mother owns has had to have the fuel pump replaced since the switch to ethanol !! (still looking for suggestions on ways to get NON ethanol fuel in SE PA S Jersey)

I was even considering mixing it with water to to force phase seperation of the ethanol and then siphon off the water whats left would be about 84 octane gas (can the metro run on this? how well?) and then mix in some aviation fuel or racing fuel to "blend" to the proper octane. Suggestions?

the MPG pain is really painful with the ethanol its costing me some $1248 a year extra in gas now!

Looking forward to suggestions! can't wait to start driving my new critter!