View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
theycallmeebryan
Master EcoModder

2003 Ninja EX250 - '03 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
90 day: 78.57 mpg (US)

Saturn - '99 Saturn SL1 Base
90 day: 47.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm-SV650 View Post
If the bike is fuel injected and uses a oxygen sensor an owner should have no problem exclipsing those numbers by 20-40% right out of the box after break-in.

Norm
I will say that changing the jets in a carburetor is not difficult at all. It's just a matter of taking the carburetors out and replacing them. Its a simple mechanical technology that has worked well for many years, and work really well when you dial them in. In fact, you can get more power in a Naturally aspirated engine with a carburetor than you can with EFI. However, with the belt tightening of emissions laws and what not, EFI is the answer. Not to mention, I'm so used to EFI on my Buick Grand National, and love the luxury of adjusting everything on the fly on a laptop .

Too bad Kawasaki wont bring the EFI Ninja 250 over to the US! Only Europe gets to have the fun . There's a discussion going on at the ninja 250 forums about why that is.... People are saying that it will further increase the price of the US version...that would make it priced closer to the 600 and people would probably just splurge the couple extra bucks and get that, and potentially eliminate the 250.

I'd love to source out the TBI setup that the Europe EX250 uses:

If you have to use your brakes, you are driving too fast!

My 101.5 MPG 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Crude Oil Price Today