View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 01:05 AM   #43 (permalink)
blueflame
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Blueflame - Even if you buy the thing, and you got a great deal on it, you could turn around and sell it rather quickly if you decided that it wasn't for you, for the same price or even more than you bought it for.

There is just no real sense in passing up a deal without proof that it could be something harmful, especially when you stand to make your money back easily if it turns out to be something not cool for you.
Thats the rub here. Normally I would say the same. But this aint a good price and selling for more may not be an option, depending on final sale price. Then there is all the time spent familiarizing oneself with a radically different car, only not to keep it

In NZ we dont have the same range of instrumentation. The cost is normally more than I pay for a whole car. My current ride cost $350US and its in good shape and gets 55mpg.

I incorrectly assumed someone would have measured one already, and real world ecommodder results were on tap.

If I buy it(its too expensive atm) I will definitely buy a meter and compare with other vehicles.

The guy selling it bought it at the auctions for much less only 2 months ago. Rats.

Thanks for all the good ideas and comments.