View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
vtec-e
Master EcoModder

De Yaris - '04 toyota yaris T2
90 day: 69.55 mpg (US)
Don't get your hopes up on an SG being accurate on a diesel. I've had mine since january and only now is it close to my tank measurements. They are currently at 3.2L/100k but the SG says i am doing 2.9 or thereabouts. It used to say i was doing 2.5 tanks...i wish!!
The course was on an open road at 15:00 on friday so i had a fair amount of traffic to contend with. Not the freeflowing kind either. The terrain was reasonably flat but even the very small hills took their toll on FE. The weather was almost perfect with only a slight breeze. But even this made a big difference when i turned around to come back to base.
I'll try some basic grille blocking and maybe air up the tires some more. The grille is massive too. Whats with that?? I doubt it is to duct air to the sides of the car via the front wheel arches. Thats for sure!
I haven't signed up for the next try but i will do so the week after next. I'm changing shift where i work and will be working weekend nights. This will be very helpful in trying for max mpg as traffic will be non existent. But if i'm to get it down to 2L/100k.......i'll need the mpg gods on my side!

ollie

ps: Thanks for the support guys. It means a lot.