View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
Project Update # 7 and recent photos

Hello all.At 250-man-hours the trailer is beginning to flesh out.The body is defined now.All electrical has been dry-fitted and tested.I've basically fixed the design for the fin.As mentioned in earlier post,the trailer is "invisible" from the cab and the fin became a necessity,as it's a bit disconcerting to go down the road when you're not sure your "load" is with you or not.----- The fin will also help balance side gust loading and add some visual "mass" for motorists approaching from behind.I recessed the fin horizontally to protect pedestrians from snagging it,should they walk by at close quarters and it has a single LED lamp to aid in after dark operations.----------- Next begins the belly,followed by fairings.--------- The "integrator" is essentially complete and ready to receive the articulated panels.----------- "poco-loco",the boat derived aeroshell gets a side and rear window.--------- I would also like to do the modified nose.We'll see.------------ Much to do.Will post as things unfold.------ The T-100 touched 39-mpg on one leg of the New Mexico return trip,my hope is that with the trailer I'll finally break into 40-mpg territory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0994.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	4327   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0995.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	4328   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0997.JPG
Views:	385