View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chalupa102
Cycling more to drive les

White 'rolla - '05 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 44.39 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Chalupa102
Long intro from western Mass

Hi, my name's Dan and I own a '05 Toyota Corolla LE A/T. Originally a few years back when I started modding my car, I was into performance (quicker acceleration), but now geared toward fuel economy and don't care about acceleration. I discoved that the mods I did do helped with fuel economy a little .

I have been doing some minor hypermiling techniques such as letting off the gas way ahead when I see a red light and watching traffic, smooth and steady acceleration from stops, not going more than 65 MPH on the highway, and some other things. I've been recording my f/e every fill up and have a SGII. One thing that hurts my f/e is living in western MA and dealing with the hills, especially because I live on a mountain roughly 300+ ft above my town. I have been averaging 36-37 MPG with a car that only gets 26-35 MPG as per the EPA ratings. I have a sheet metal underbody panel that I did a few months ago, but it didn't seem to help much . With the winter approaching, i definitely plan to do a grille block.

I'm open to any advice or help and would love to learn how to get even better f/e.

Sorry for such a long intro, here's a pic of my car