View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #53 (permalink)
blueflame
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
blueflame: Just to be clear, I do respect your views. Heck I am a "germaphobic" and many think I am a bit paranoid because I wash my hands so often. I know the feeling.
Its an area I have been somewhat lacking in the past. And have paid the price more than once.

The amount of times I have contracted a cold after being in the same room as someone who is sick.

Nowadays, I'm like you too Jammer regarding germs. Hepatitis is a problem and in asia I had to worry about worms and flukes, scorpions and snakes.

I think its great that nowadays we have the opportunity to take evasive action against bodily threats with science, whereas in the past if someone pointed a bone at you, you were done for.

Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness. - Bertrand Russell

If you wish success in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother and hope your guardian genius. - Joseph Addison

Distrust and caution are the parents of security. - Benjamin Franklin

It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others. - Publilius Syrus

It requires a great deal of boldness and a great deal of caution to make a great fortune, and when you have it, it requires ten times as much skill to keep it. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you do not possess the staff of caution and discrimination, use the eyes of him who sees. If there is no staff of caution and discrimination, do not wander on the road without a guide. - Jalal-Uddin Rumi

There is no observation more frequently made by such as employ themselves in surveying the conduct of mankind, than that marriage, though the dictate of nature, and the institution of Providence, is yet very often the cause of misery, and that those who enter into that state can seldom forbear to express their repentance, and their envy of those whom either chance or caution hath withheld from it. - Samuel Johnson

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your career however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortune of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you from what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. [Desiderata] - Max Ehrmann

Idealists foolish enough to throw caution to the winds, have advanced mankind and have enriched the world.

Last edited by blueflame; 09-27-2009 at 05:40 PM..