View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Jammer -

Yes, but I think that is a false reality. I would argue the old cliche "the bigger they are, the harder they fall". The longer we have cheap gas, the bigger we crash in the future. Unfortunately for you and me, that crash is happening right now.

CarloSW2
False reality??

I seen it happen. Nothing false about it. People can not tell the future very well. I can not explain why oil prices are currently being traded at less than $70.00 right after we have learned that an oil producing terrorist nation is on the verge of making several Nukes! And despite all of the government spending today the dollar is gaining a lot of ground international. Man, some things just can not be predicted and I certainly do not believe it is fair to blame drivers of cars trucks with poor mileage when we have so many other factors at play here such as speculators on Wall Street and Opec to say the least. Some people actually need such cars and trucks due to large families and the need to tow and haul things. There choice yes, but when I live in a country that subsidies farmer's with cheap tax-free fuel and pays farmers with taxpayer's money to NOT farm tobacco (thus all of the large farms I see that are growing nothing here) then I see bigger fish to fry.