View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Hey maybe its not the ethanol. I am by no means close minded on the issue but all the data I DO HAVE conclusively says it is.

My Tank to Tank FE readings are rock solid. That was a point I was trying to make. I went over 200,000 miles in the cherokee with hardly ever more than 2mpg change in FE. usually less than 1mpg difference tank to tank.

In my van over 50,000 miles rock solid 18-19mpg (I drive the same route the same time the same way 3-6 times a week)

I also had that freakish incident when we started ethanol here where I would hunt down the non eth gas stations and always be back up to 18+mpg

The trick is how to I prove its ethanol OR prove its NOT ethanol. the only way I know to do this is to really really test it IE get some non ethanol gas.

Clearly the year of the vehicle is not the issue since you guys are using 90 and 93 vehicles without a problem.

as for the fuel pumps. What else could cause ALL of them to fail in such a short time? and I do mean ALL of them. the only vehicle I have no replaced the pump on is the Thing and thats largely because I have not driven it in 3 years

Suggestions?